Introduction to Event Technology
If a question that’s on your mind is “How can event technology enhance an event’s experience?”, then the answer is – The possibilities are endless!
Event apps, registration microsites, check-in solutions, social walls, surveys, audience polls, live Q&A, gamification, augmented reality, virtual reality, iBeacons — the list goes on. Often brands, event organizers and event owners are unaware of the impact event technology can have on the event, the audience, and the event ROI. The great news is that we can now measure this impact in real time and adapt to the ever-changing requirements of an event – from concept to post-event.
Let’s take a quick look at how we can achieve #BetterEventTech.
Before the event
Even before the event starts, you should keep the event on top of everyone’s minds. This is where event technology starts coming into play. You should connect with your attendees, speakers, sponsors and other stakeholders at a whole new level!
- Registration: Provide a quick and easy way to register for your event with a responsive website. We recommend QR Codes for confirmation since they are cost-effective.
- Event app: Launching an event app is the next crucial step. Ensure there is initial event information on it. Once you get the event app, you need to generate some buzz. It’s a great way to engage with participants several days ahead of the event.
- Private Social Wall – Within the Event app, generate hype for the event. Share videos of speakers and post-invitation messages. Encourage users to post pictures and videos, and engage with the content by liking and commenting on it.
- Polls – Conduct polls to know your audience – seek opinions on the content of the event, ask for feedback on pre-event activities, gather preferences and more.
- Alerts – Pique curiosity by sending notifications about sessions, keynote speakers, in-app contests, and agenda updates. An admin’s app will allow you to create all these while on the go!
- Agenda – The itinerary, schedules and scientific programs are extremely critical for your attendees. Each attendee should be able to personalize their own schedule and plan how they’re going to get the best out of the event.
During the event
Event day is always tense! The day of the event can be nerve-racking! It should be fun and memorable for everyone — including you! Let technology be your workhorse – from check-in to engagement, to interactions, to collecting on-ground data. You should get to focus on the show.
- Check In – The first impression is the best impression. No one likes long queues. A good event check-in solution should identify and scan an attendee within seconds. Nothing is as pleasant as a hassle-free, quick check-in. You can even take it one step further – send a personalized welcome message to each attendee!
- Live Q&A – Imagine a session or a panel discussion where the audience gets to chime in too! Increase engagement during the event between the speakers and the audience. The audience can post questions through the mobile event app, and these can be projected post-moderation.
- Audience Polls – Hold the attention of the audience throughout the event by interacting with them directly. Have the audience choose winners, let speakers seek opinions during their sessions, and much more.
- Lead Generation – Continue using the attendees’ QR codes to capture their interest in booths and to track when they have checked in at sessions.They can also use them for lunch and dinner coupons.
- Feedback – Make it easy. Make it offline. No paper.
After the event
The biggest benefit of using event technology is the ability to engage with attendees even after the event. All of the data is gathered on your platform from before the event to D-day. This can range from how many people attended, what parts of the event they found most interesting, their feedback, and more. You can continue engaging with attendees about upcoming events, latest news, pictures from the event etc.,
Event technology is a powerful tool that provides a quicker and cheaper alternative to traditional methods to achieve your goals.
Want to see proof of how technology can really help you set a trend for your event? View the full case study to see how Tesco became part of the #BetterEventTech family.
Supercharge your way to #BetterEventTech.
Sign Up to create your event APP in minutes!